Prior to enrolling, international students shall purchase the comprehensive medical insurance recommended by Ministry of Education of China and pay the insurance premium before entering the university.
International credit cards that can be used: VISA, MASTER, AE and JCB credit cards (an additional fee of 3% is required). For bank cards on Chinese mainland that have registered for e-Banking services, no additional fee is required.
For Those Purchasing Insurance for the First Time:
1. Visit the website www.lxbx.net, click on the icon and log in with “Passport Number” (capitalize letters and delete non-characters, no space);
2. Select and verify your information;
3. If there is any wrong about your personal information, please contact the school. After the school corrects the information, then you can pay the insurance fee; (ShanghaiTech has prerecorded your personal information, you only need to pay the default insurance fee in the system)
4. Follow the online tips and enter the payment process. International credit cards that can be used include VISA, MASTER, AE and JCB credit cards (an additional fee of 3% is required). For domestic bank cards on Chinese mainland that have registered for e-Banking services, no additional fee is required.
5. You will be informed of insurance information like the service card number after successfully paying the premium. Please retain it.And then log in the system again by your passport number, you will find insurance details and plz input your mail address to get e-copy of the insurance receipt which you should forward to ShanghaiTech contact person.
6. The company will underwrite your insurance in two weeks. You can log into the system to “query” and find your “Policy Number”.
7. Pay attention to your passport expiration date, plz inform school or Office of International Affairs of your new passport information in advance in order to update your insurance.